Importing publications from EndNote requires you to manually export your desired publication(s) from your EndNote Desktop application as an XML file and save it to a folder on your computer.
1. Launch your EndNote Desktop application
2. Find and select the references(s) you want to add to ACS ChemWorx.
3. Once your target publications have been selected, click on the "File" button on the top left of your EndNote Desktop application and select "Export".
4. A pop-up window will appear; select "XML" as the file type and save it to a folder on your computer. The file will contain all of the references you selected to be exported.
5. Your EndNote XML file can now be imported into your ACS ChemWorx library.
a. Go to your ACS ChemWorx Desktop app.
b. Select the 'Import Wizard' button located on the top left of the ACS ChemWorx Desktop application and the click on 'EndNote XML’.
c. Click 'Select File' and locate your EndNote XML file.
d. Select your EndNote XML file and click 'Open'.
NOTE: You can also drag and drop your EndNote XML file over the button titled "Import publications from BibTeX, RIS, EndNote XML, PDF or other files", which is located at the bottom of the "Search Online" tab in your ACS ChemWorx Desktop application.
Note: References that have been deleted from your Library but not purged will count against your maximum number of references. Purging permanently deletes references from the Trash folder and clears room for more imports. We suggest you purge the Trash folder before importing references from other applications