NOTE: After the ACS ChemWorx add-on has been installed, in Open Office you will see an ACS ChemWorx menu in the menu bar and an ACS ChemWorx add-on toolbar.
1. You will need to have the ACS ChemWorx Desktop app open to begin citing.
2. Go to your document and select the location where you wish to place the citation.
3. Go to the ACS ChemWorx menu and choose Insert Selected or the button in the ACS ChemWorx add-on window
4. A window will pop up displaying the articles you can choose to cite. You can use the dropdown next to All Publications to select a specific folder to cite from. You can also use keywords or author names to search for a reference within a folder.
5. Use the arrows to the right of the article to select the articles you wish to cite. (You can select more than one at a time).
6. To add additional information, such as page numbers or paragraphs, select the button on the desired article.