Once you have selected ‘Confirm Article Selection’ to purchase your article in to Open Access within ACS ChemWorx, (ACS Author Choice App), you will be taken to the RightsLink Charges Estimate Screen:
1. Ensure that pop up blockers are turned off for this site/page. For assistance with this, contact the ACS Customer Services & Information help desk 800-227-9919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Select "when" you want to make the article open (immediate or after 12 months) from the ACS Author Choice drop down.
3. Select which Creative Commons license will apply to the article (CC-BY or CC-BY-NC-ND) from the Creative Commons License Add-on drop down. If you do not need a Creative Commons license, select Decline Option.
4. If you are an ACS Member or at an institution that subscribes to the ACS All Publications package, or wish to redeem ACS Author Rewards, click the Apply Discounts button at the bottom of the screen.
a. Member Discount
i. Click the Yes radio button and enter your ACS Member ID
ii. Members receive a 50% discount on all open access charges. If you’re not a member, this screen includes a link to join at the top. The link opens in another window so can sign up, return to the payment form and use your ID immediately.
b. Affiliation Discount
i. Click the Yes radio button and enter your institution name
ii. Institutions that subscribe to the ACS All Publications package receive a 25% discount on ACS AuthorChoice charges only. If you’re not sure whether your institution qualifies, there is a link at the top to an institution look-up tool.
c. Promotion Campaign Discount
i. Enter in your ACS Author Rewards Promo Code and click Enter
5. Click Save once you’ve finished entering discounts. The screen will update to reflect reduced pricing for your order.
6. Click the Payment Options button in the bottom right corner.
7. The system should prompt you to sign in or to register. If you have an existing RightsLink account, login with your RightsLink ID. If you do not, choose the option to Register. Please register as an Individual using your email and physical address.
Note: you are required to view and accept the Terms and Conditions for the RightsLink site. This includes clicking the link and checking the box.
8. After you register, you will be taken back to the Sign In screen. Login in using the credentials you just created.
9. Once you login you will be taken to the payment form. Ensure your discounts are still applied and click the Payment Options button at the bottom of the screen.
On the Payment Options screen, you have the option to pay via Credit Card, Invoice or purchase order.
10. The last screen before payment is the Order Review screen. At this point, you can still click Back to change the order or Cancel it. This is also the screen where you accept the Author Terms and Conditions.
11. Review and accept the Author Terms and Conditions.
12. Click Place Order once you’ve accepted and reviewed the Terms and Conditions. If all actions with the Terms and Conditions are complete, the system will thank you for your order.